Regions and Territories
We share coffee culture
The infographic of the coffee map of the Regions and Territories of India at your disposal. Download and share it. It practices the diffusion of coffee culture.
Our infographics are the result of teamwork with professionals from the entire coffee chain, from producers to baristas, as well as with professors and researchers from other disciplines such as biology, anthropology, geography, physics and chemistry, with the sole objective of sharing a common passion: good coffee and to disseminate this knowledge to anyone who may be interested.
It’s a passion we love: share, join, share.
Do you want this map personalized with your logo and colors?
We have designed the maps so that we can customize them according to your needs and together we can work in favor of the coffee culture.
SOUTH ASIA | INDIA
– It is divided into 6 regions, 28 states and 8 union territories.
– Estimated population is 1.366 billion inhabitants
– Its surface area is 3.287 million km².
– 0.29 % of the cultivated land is planted with coffee trees.
– 459,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
– Coffee is grown in 3 of its 6 regions
– Ranked 8th largest producer of coffee in the world
– Coffee cultivation began in the s. 19th
– Harvest months are from December to March
– Coffee is exportedthroughout theyear
Regions and Territories
Here is a brief explanation of the different regions into which India is divided
99.73% of the country’s total coffee is cultivated in this region
- Ranked 1st in the world as a coffee producing region
- 457,761 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 272,324 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 633,967 km².
- It is made up of four states: Telengana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
0.22% of the country’s total coffee is grown in this region
- Ranked 2nd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 1,010 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 243,110 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 413,299 km².
- It is made up of four states: Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar.
0.05% of the country’s total coffee is grown in this region
- Ranked 3rd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 229 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- Estimated population is 39.085 million inhabitants
- Its surface area is 262,043 km².
- It is made up of eight states: Tripura, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunchal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya and Sikkim.
India grows coffee in 3 of its 6 regions.
The Northern Region, Western Region and Central Region do not grow coffee.
Plan profits, stock, growth and promotion with our Roaster Service team.
Much more about the Indian Coffee Origin