Departments, Regions and Autonomous Regions
We share coffee culture
The infographic of the coffee map of the Departments, Regions and Autonomous Regions of Nicaragua at your disposal. Download and share it. It practices the diffusion of coffee culture.
Our infographics are the result of teamwork with professionals from the entire coffee chain, from producers to baristas, as well as with professors and researchers from other disciplines such as biology, anthropology, geography, physics and chemistry, with the sole objective of sharing a common passion: good coffee, and to make it known to anyone who may be interested.
It’s a passion we love: share, join, share.
Do you want this map personalized with your logo and colors?
We have designed the maps so that we can customize them according to your needs and together we can work in favor of the coffee culture.
CENTRAL AMERICA | NICARAGUA
– It is divided into 15 departments, 3 regions and 2 autonomous regions.
– The estimated population is 6.55 million inhabitants .
– Its surface area is 130,370 km².
– 1.07% of the cultivated land is planted with coffee trees.
– 140,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
– Coffee is grown in all regions
– Ranked 11th largest producer of coffee in the world
– Coffee cultivation began in the s. 19th
– Harvest months are from October to March
– The export months are January to July
Regions and departments
Here is a brief explanation of the regions into which Nicaragua is divided
95.62% of the country’s total coffee is cultivated in this region
- Ranked 1st in the world as a coffee producing region
- 133,868 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- Estimated population is 1.173 million inhabitants
- Its surface area is 22,605 km².
- It is made up of eight departments: Matagalpa, Jinotega, Boaco, Estelí, Madriz, Nueva Segovia, Chontales and Río de San Juan.
2.40% of the country’s total coffee is grown in this region
- Ranked 2nd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 3,360 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 1.963 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 3,874 km².
- It is made up of seven departments: Managua, Chinandega, León, Masaya, Granada, Carazo and Rivas.
1.98% of the country’s total coffee is cultivated in this region
- Ranked 3rd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 2,772 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 928,530 inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 60,366 km².
- It is made up of two autonomous regions: North Caribbean Coast and South Caribbean Coast.
Nicaragua grows coffee in all its regions
Plan profits, stock, growth and promotion with our Roaster Service team.
Much more about the Nicaraguan Coffee Origin