15 star producers of the coffee region of Huila in the coffee origin Colombia
Constelación Geminorum coffees are exceptional, from the coffee growing region of Huila, Colombia, green and ready to roast.
Here's what you want to know about the Geminorum constellation cafés
- Production is limited, usually microlots
- They have well-defined key descriptors with a wide variety of key descriptors.
- The descriptors of the fruity group are the most prevalent in this constellation.
- Producers are working on different types of fermentations and processes, with natural anaerobic fermentations being the most applied.
- Every year, 60% of its processes evolve, 30% are consolidated and 10% of new processes are generated.
- They have an average score according to the SCAscale of 87 to 90 points.
- It is a constellation whose producers have already obtained 7 Uniques coffees.
- All coffee producing farms in the Geminorum Constellation are above 1,500 meters above sea level.
- In this coffee constellation there are producers from 5 coffee growing districts of the coffee region of Huila.
- Experimental coffees are produced in the two crops of origin Colombia, in the main crop and in the mitaca.
Processes and Fermentations
Different lots per year
Coffee growers involved
These are 6 of the 15 star producers of the Geminorum Constellation of the Huila Coffee Region in Colombia.
Each one has its own history, its own project and its own challenges, but they all have something in common: extraordinary coffees with a very strong personality.
Propus | Huila
“My dream is to be the best natural coffee producer in Colombia”.
Jose Heider Contreras
Alzir | Huila
“I am a coffee farmer passionate about my work and dedicated to my family.”
Luis Antonio Contreras
Almeisan | Huila
“Love for my family and dedication to my work.”
Ni 1225 |Huila
“Family is the most important thing to me”.
“A cup of coffee with love and patience offers excellence”.
Louis Carlos Guzman
“All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.”
Geminorum, Constellations range coffees
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Constellations range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are: Specialty coffees with a cup profile with marked character and personality – Innovation and constant evolution – Exclusive selection in each harvest – Reference varietals in each origin – Wide palette of key descriptors, level 3 and 4 of the descriptor wheel, well defined – Exclusive batches for a single roaster, 5 secondary defects maximum per 350 gr – Minimum SCA score +84 – Sampling of lots prior to arrival from origin – Two imports per harvest, first available and consistency for repetitions – Batches from 300 to 1.500 kg – Unification of packaging, convenient and practical, 30 kg – Marketing segmented by region, never one lot sold in a region for two roasters.
The Coffee Region of Huila is where our coffees of the Geminorum constellation are produced.
We will explain in brief what the coffee region of Huila in Colombia is like
- It has 35 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 1.1 million inhabitants
- Its area is 19,890 km²
- Produces 16.78% of the total coffee in the country
- 144,896 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees
- It occupies the 1st place as the country’s coffee growing region
- More than 84,000 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The most harvested varietals are Castillo, Colombia, Caturra, Típica, Borbón and Tabí.
- The main harvest months are from October to January and mitaca from May to June.
- Huila coffee has a protected designation of origin – PDO
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Constellations range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.