2 star producers of the Jimma coffee region in the coffee origin Ethiopia
Constellation Monocerotis coffees are exceptional, from the coffee growing region of Jimma, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about the coffees of the constellation Monocerotis
- Production is limited, usually microlots
- They have well-defined key descriptors with a wide variety of key descriptors.
- Fruity and floral descriptorsprevail in this constellation.
- Producers are working on different types of fermentations and processes, with natural anaerobic fermentations being the most applied.
- They have an average score according to the SCAscale of 87 to 90 points.
- All coffeeproducing farms in the Monocerotis Constellation are above 1,600 meters above sea level.
- In this coffee constellation there are producers from 1 coffee-growing district of Jimma.
- Experimental coffees produced in the Ethiopian origin crop
Processes and Fermentations
Different lots per year
Coffee growers involved
These are the 2 star producers of the Monocerotis Constellation in the Jimma Coffee region of Ethiopia.
Each one has its own history, its own project and its own challenges, but they all have something in common: extraordinary coffees with a very marked personality.
Tempestris | Jimma
“A lifetime dedicated to growing coffee.”
Lucida | Jimma
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them”.
Monocerotis, Constellations range coffees
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Constellations range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are: Specialty coffees with a cup profile with marked character and personality – Innovation and constant evolution – Exclusive selection in each harvest – Reference varietals in each origin – Wide palette of key descriptors, level 3 and 4 of the descriptor wheel, well defined – Exclusive batches for a single roaster, 5 secondary defects maximum per 350 gr – Minimum SCA score +84 – Sampling of lots prior to arrival from origin – Two imports per harvest, first available and consistency for repetitions – Batches from 300 to 1.500 kg – Unification of packaging, convenient and practical, 30 kg – Marketing segmented by region, never one lot sold in a region for two roasters.
The Jimma Coffee Region is where our coffees of the Monocerotis constellation are produced.
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Jimma in Ethiopia is like.
- It has 9 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 159 thousand inhabitants
- Its surface area is 50.2 km².
- The most harvested varietals are Heirloom and JARC.
- Harvest months are from November to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Constellations range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.