Constellation Canis Major
4 star producers of the Sidama coffee region in the coffee origin Ethiopia
The coffees of the Canis Major Constellation are exceptional, from the coffee growing region of Sidama, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about the cafés of the constellation Canis Major
- Production is limited, usually microlots
- They have well-defined key descriptors with a wide variety.
- The descriptors of the fruity group are the most prevalent in this constellation.
- Producers are working on different types of fermentations and processes, with natural anaerobic fermentations being the most applied.
- Every year, 60% of its processes evolve, 30% are consolidated and 10% of new processes are generated.
- They have an average score according to the SCAscale of 87 to 90 points.
- It is a constellation whose producers have already obtained 9 Uniques coffees.
- All the farms producing Canis Major Constellation coffees are above 1,900 meters above sea level.
- In this coffee constellation there are producers from 1 coffee-growing district of Sidama.
- Experimental coffees are produced in the main Ethiopian origin crop
Processes and Fermentations
Different lots per year
Coffee growers involved
These are the 4 star producers of the Canis Major Constellation in the Sidama Coffee Growing region of Ethiopia.
Each one has its own history, its own project and its own challenges, but they all have something in common: extraordinary coffees with a very marked personality.
Sirius | Sidama
“Trusted coffees produced in an ethical manner.”
Hoo See | Sidama
”Tradition in the cultivation of coffee”.
Iota Canis | Sidama
”My life will always be with the coffee trees”.
Tetha Canis | Sidama
”Coffees cultivated with tenacity”.
Canis Major, Constellations range coffees
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Constellations range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are: Specialty coffees with a cup profile with marked character and personality – Innovation and constant evolution – Exclusive selection in each harvest – Reference varietals in each origin – Wide palette of key descriptors, level 3 and 4 of the descriptor wheel, well defined – Exclusive batches for a single roaster, 5 secondary defects maximum per 350 gr – Minimum SCA score +84 – Sampling of lots prior to arrival from origin – Two imports per harvest, first available and consistency for repetitions – Batches from 300 to 1.500 kg – Unification of packaging, convenient and practical, 30 kg – Marketing segmented by region, never one lot sold in a region for two roasters.
The Sidama Coffee Region is where our Canis Major constellation coffees are produced.
We will briefly explain to you what the Sidama coffee region in Ethiopia is like
- It has 19 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 3.2 million inhabitants
- Its area is 12,000 km²
- Produces 22.05% of the country’s total coffee
- 8,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It ranks 2nd as the country’s coffee region
- More than 90,000 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The most harvested varietals are 74158, 74110 and 74112
- Harvest months are from October to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Constellations range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now