1 star producer of the Yirgacheffe coffee region in the coffee origin Ethiopia
Constellation Leporis coffees are exceptional, from the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about the coffee shops of the Leporis constellation
- Production is limited, usually microlots
- They have well-defined key descriptors with a wide variety of key descriptors.
- The descriptors of the fruity group are the most prevalent in this constellation.
- Producers are working on different types of fermentations and processes, with natural and washed fermentations being the most applied.
- They have an average score according to the SCAscale of 87 to 90 points.
- All of the farms producing coffee in the Leporis Constellation are above 1,550 meters above sea level.
- In this coffee constellation there are producers from 1 coffee-growing district of Yirgacheffe
- Experimental coffees are produced in the main Ethiopian origin crop
Processes and Fermentations
Different lots per year
Coffee growers involved
This is the star producer of the Leporis Constellation in the Yirgacheffe Coffee region of Ethiopia.
Each one has its own history, its own project and its own challenges, but they all have something in common: extraordinary coffees with a very strong personality.
‘Work on what you really like”’.
Leporis, Constellations range coffees
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Constellations range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are: Specialty coffees with a cup profile with marked character and personality – Innovation and constant evolution – Exclusive selection in each harvest – Reference varietals in each origin – Wide palette of key descriptors, level 3 and 4 of the descriptor wheel, well defined – Exclusive batches for a single roaster, 5 secondary defects maximum per 350 gr – Minimum SCA score +84 – Sampling of lots prior to arrival from origin – Two imports per harvest, first available and consistency for repetitions – Batches from 300 to 1.500 kg – Unification of packaging, convenient and practical, 30 kg – Marketing segmented by region, never one lot sold in a region for two roasters.
The Yirgacheffe Coffee Region is where our Leporis constellation coffees are produced.
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe in Ethiopia is like.
- It has 6 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 1.95 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 18,577 km².
- 60,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee plants
- More than 40,000 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The most harvested varietals are Kurume and Heirloom.
- Harvest months are from November to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Constellations range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now