Sigma Orion Constellation
1 star producer of the Rainforest Cobán coffee region in the coffee origin Guatemala
Sigma Orion Constellation coffees are exceptional, from the coffee growing region of Rainforest Cobán, Guatemala, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about the coffees of the Sigma Orion constellation
- Production is limited, usually microlots
- They have well-defined key descriptors with a wide variety of key descriptors.
- The descriptors of the fruity group are the most prevalent in this constellation.
- Producers are working on different types of fermentations and processes, with natural anaerobic fermentations being the most applied.
- They have an average score according to the SCAscale of 87 to 90 points.
- It is a constellation that its producers have already achieved 1 Unique coffee
- All the coffee producing farms of the Sigma Orion Constellation are above 1,000 meters above sea level.
- In this coffee constellation there are producers from 1 coffee-growing district of the Rainforest Coban coffee region.
- Experimental coffees are produced in the harvest of the origin Guatemala
Processes and Fermentations
Different lots per year
Coffee growers involved
This is the star producer of the Sigma Orion Constellation in the Cobán coffee-growing region of Guatemala.
Each one has its own history, its own project and its own challenges, but they all have something in common: extraordinary coffees with a very strong personality.
Alnitak | Rainforest Cobán
I produce a family coffee cultivated with love and excellence”.
Sigma Orion, Constellations range coffees
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Constellations range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are: Specialty coffees with a cup profile with marked character and personality – Innovation and constant evolution – Exclusive selection in each harvest – Reference varietals in each origin – Wide palette of key descriptors, level 3 and 4 of the descriptor wheel, well defined – Exclusive batches for a single roaster, 5 secondary defects maximum per 350 gr – Minimum SCA score +84 – Sampling of lots prior to arrival from origin – Two imports per harvest, first available and consistency for repetitions – Batches from 300 to 1.500 kg – Unification of packaging, convenient and practical, 30 kg – Marketing segmented by region, never one lot sold in a region for two roasters.
The Rainforest Cobán Coffee Region is where our coffees of the Sigma Orion constellation are produced.
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Coban in Guatemala is like.
- It has 9 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 310 thousand inhabitants
- Its surface area is 2,132 km².
- Produces 8.4% of the total coffee in the country
- 4,813.66 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 5th place as the country’s coffee growing region.
- More than 2,400 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The most commonly harvested varietals are Caturra, Catuaí, Obata, Anacafé 14, Catimores, Sarchimores
- Harvest months are from September to May
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Constellations range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.