Pandi Melam the Natural coffee that defines the profile of Taza from the coffee growing region of Kerala, India, in green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about Pandi Melam coffee
- It is a coffee that its cup profile is chocolatey
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is spicy.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are cocoa and nuts.
- It is an ideal coffee for extraction in mocha, espresso and capsules.
- It has an overall Q Robustness scale score of 78.75 points.
- Its acidity has a low intensity and a moderate aftertaste.
- It has a full-bodied intensity
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the Himalayan Monsoon coffee geography, in the Indian coffee origin and in the coffee growing region of Kerala.
- It is a coffee of the robusta species
- It is a coffee that we have processed in natural aerobically and dried in the sun in patios.
Coffee growers and producers
Hectares with coffee trees
We explain the how and why of Pandi Melam coffee growers and producers.
Pandi Melam is produced by a cooperative of coffee farmers in the coffee growing region of Kerala in India.
This agricultural cooperative grows with the intention of taking over and updating the Organic Certification program and the reorganization of the agricultural activities of the group of producers, with the motto of sustainable development and the legitimate participation of these small producers through the responsible commercialization of coffee.
The cooperative’s mission is to organize and empower the farming community to develop an unbeatable supply chain with a broad standard of quality products to meet customer needs, through the process of participatory development coupled with innovative technologies and value addition without neglecting the legitimate market share of smallholder farmers.
Pandi Melam is an organic coffee from the Neutrals range.
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Neutrals range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
They are reliable and dependable Robusta coffees – A neutral and well defined cup profile – Optimal quality and stability for blends – Solid profile and key descriptor from harvest to harvest – Traceability to coffee growing region – Stable roast for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Minimum score +78 for Q Robusta – Unification of packaging to 60 kg to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to exchange – Availability of contracts per harvest – Marketing territory in exclusive…
The coffee region where we produce our Pandi Melam coffee
We explain briefly what the coffee growing region of Kerala in India is like.
- It has 29 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 34.63 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 38,863 km².
- Produces 23% of the total coffee in the country
- 17,5000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 2nd place as the country’s coffee growing region.
- More than 45,000 families are engaged in coffee farming
- The altitude of coffee cultivation in the region is between 700 and 1,200 meters above sea level.
- The most harvested varietals are Kent, S795, Cauvery and Sln9.
- Harvest months are from December to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Neutrals range of Mare Terra Green Coffee.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.