Terras : Organic
A coffee as dark, cool and black as Onyx
Furla the washed coffee that defines the Taza profile from the Sidama coffee growing region of Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain to you what you want to know about the colored coffee that onyx flavors are
- It is a coffee whose cup profile is fruity
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is yellow fruits.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are citrus and candy.
- It is an ideal coffee for extraction in filters, mocha, espresso and capsules.
- It has an overall score according to the SCAscale of 86.25 points.
- Its acidity is malic and citric with a medium-high intensity.
- It has a medium intensity body and is buttery to the touch
- It is a coffee that is grown in the Nubian Arabica coffee geography, in the Ethiopia coffee region and in the Sidama coffee region.
- It is a coffee of the Arabica species and of the Heirloom varietal.
- It is an organic coffee that we have processed with the Traditional Washed method -washed and fermented-, with an aerobic fermentation and dried in the sun on African beds .
All the data to evaluate in depth the Sidama coffee with its own name: Furla.
Coffee growers and producers
Hectares with coffee trees
Ethiopian Coffee: An Excellent Heirloom Variety
Furla is produced by a collective of coffee farmers in the Sidama coffee growing region of Ethiopia.
The history of this collective began with two brothers coffee producers from the Bensa Sidamo area, today they own their own farms and those of affiliated farmers, they work with coffees from all coffee regions of different grades, from the most conventional to the most special, the collective continues to be family owned and has more than 20 years of experience.
A coffee of colors that tastes like onyx is
A coffee that became a legend for its quality and now has its own name
Bekele and Zenha sat listening to a conversation of their children. They were talking about Furla, the Onyx warrior, who travels through Sidamo several times in one night. Like her, this coffee has all the colors of nature.
Furla is an organic coffee of the Terras range.
Roaster we will briefly explain the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Terras de Mare range Terra Green Coffee
They have: A well-defined cup profile and identified with the coffee region where they are produced – A broad spectrum key descriptor that is easy to recognize and adopt by the consumer – Interannual stability of the cup profile and key descriptor – A roast with minimal variations for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Specialty score by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee regions in each origin – Unification of 60 kg containers to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to stock exchange – Availability of contracts by harvest – Exclusive marketing territory.
The coffee region where we produce our Furla coffee
We will briefly explain to you what the Sidama coffee region in Ethiopia is like
- It has 19 coffee districts
- The estimated population is 3.2 million inhabitants
- Its area is 12,000 km²
- Produces 22.05% of the country’s total coffee
- 8,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It ranks 2nd as the country’s coffee region
- More than 90,000 families are dedicated to coffee growing
- The altitude of coffee cultivation in the region is between 1,500 and 2,200 meters above sea level.
- The most harvested varietals are 74158, 74110 and 74112
- Harvest months are from October to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Terras de Mare Terra Green Coffee range
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.