A coffee to know and surprise
Salomon the washed coffee that defines the Taza profile from the Sidama coffee growing region of Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about coffee to know and surprise
- It is a coffee whose cup profile is fruity
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is citrus
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are chocolate, fruity and sweet.
- It is a coffee that is ideal for its extraction into espresso, capsules and mocha
- It has a global score according to the SCA scale of 83.25 points
- Its acidity is citric and its intensity is medium high
- It has a medium-full intensity body and is creamy to the touch
- It is a coffee that is grown in the Nubian Arabica coffee geography, in the Ethiopia coffee region and in the Sidama coffee region.
- It is a coffee of the Arabica species and a blend of the Heirloom variety
- It is a coffee that we have processed with the Traditional Washed method -washed and fermented-, with an aerobic fermentation and dried in the sun on African beds.
Coffee growers and producers
Hectares with coffee trees
An Ethiopian coffee washed with citrus notes
Solomon is produced by a collective of coffee growers from the Sidama coffee region in Ethiopia
The history of this collective began with two brothers coffee producers from the Bensa Sidamo area, today they own their own farms and those of affiliated farmers, they work with coffees from all coffee regions of different grades, from the most conventional to the most special, the collective continues to be family owned and has more than 20 years of experience.
Salomon is a coffee from the Terras range
Roaster we will briefly explain the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Terras de Mare range Terra Green Coffee
They have: A well-defined cup profile and identified with the coffee region where they are produced – A broad spectrum key descriptor that is easy to recognize and adopt by the consumer – Interannual stability of the cup profile and key descriptor – A roast with minimal variations for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Specialty score by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee regions in each origin – Unification of 60 kg containers to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to stock exchange – Availability of contracts by harvest – Exclusive marketing territory.
The coffee region where we produce our Salomon coffee
We will briefly explain to you what the Sidama coffee region in Ethiopia is like
- It has 19 coffee districts
- The estimated population is 3.2 million inhabitants
- Its area is 12,000 km²
- Produces 22.05% of the country’s total coffee
- 8,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 1st place as the country’s coffee growing region
- More than 90,000 families are dedicated to coffee growing
- The altitude of coffee cultivation in the region is between 1,500 and 2,200 meters above sea level.
- The most harvested varietals are 74158, 74110 and 74112
- Harvest months are from October to February.