A coffee of ancient lineage and fraternity
Oromo Citro the washed coffee that defines the profile of Taza from the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain to you what you want to know about the coffee of ancestral and faithful lineage.
- It is a coffee with a floral cup profile.
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is jasmine.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are chocolatey, fruity, spicy and floral.
- It is a coffee that is ideal for extraction in espresso, capsules and mocha.
- It has an overall score according to the SCAscale of 84.75 points.
- Its acidity is citric and malic with a medium-high intensity.
- It has a medium-full body intensity and is creamy to the touch.
- It is a coffee grown in the Arabica Nubian coffee geography, in the Ethiopian coffee origin and in thecoffee growing region of Yirgacheffe.
- It is an Arabica coffee and a blend of Heirloom varietals.
- It is a coffee that we have processed with the Traditional Washed method -washed and fermented-, with an aerobic fermentation, and that we have dried in the sun on African beds.
All the data to be able to evaluate in depth the coffee of Yirgacheffe with its own name: Oromo Citro
Coffee growers and producers
Hectares with coffee trees
Ethiopian Coffee: Coffee Growers and Producers united for a floral and unrepeatable coffee
Oromo Citro is produced by a collective in the coffee-growing region of Yirgacheffe in Ethiopia.
The collective was founded by owners who had more than a decade of previous experience in coffee production in the Sidama and Yirgacheffe areas. Since its establishment, it has been a trusted partner for different companies around the world and has been one of the first to play a major role in the specialty market and continues to do so. It has its own coffee processing plant, with a well-equipped laboratory. It has a total of 54 permanent employees and more than 140 daily employees. Commitment, quality and consistency are the virtues built over the two decades invested in the coffee business.
Oromo Citro is a coffee of the Terras range.
Roaster we will briefly explain the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Terras de Mare range Terra Green Coffee
They have: A well-defined cup profile and identified with the coffee region where they are produced – A broad spectrum key descriptor that is easy to recognize and adopt by the consumer – Interannual stability of the cup profile and key descriptor – A roast with minimal variations for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Specialty score by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee regions in each origin – Unification of 60 kg containers to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to stock exchange – Availability of contracts by harvest – Exclusive marketing territory.
The coffee-growing region where we produce our Oromo Citro coffee
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe in Ethiopia is like.
- It has 6 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 614,007 inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 1,211 km².
- 60,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 2nd place as the country’s coffee growing region.
- More than 45,000 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The altitude of coffee cultivation in the region is between 1,600 and 1,800 meters above sea level.
- The most harvested varietals are Kurume and Heirloom.
- Harvest months are from November to February
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Terras de Mare Terra Green Coffee range
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now