A coffee with wisdom and great spirit
Tata Nahual the Washed coffee that defines the profile of Taza from the coffee growing region of Acatenango Valley, Guatemala, green and ready to roast.
We explain what you want to know about the coffee of wisdom and great spirit
- It is a coffee that its cup profile is chocolatey
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is yellow fruits.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are fruity and sweet.
- It is a coffee that is ideal for its extraction into espresso, capsules and mocha
- It has an overall SCA scale score of 83 points.
- Its acidity is citric with a medium intensity.
- It has a medium intensity body and is creamy to the touch
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the coffee growing region of Guatemala and in the coffee growing region of Acatenango Valley.
- It is an arabica coffee and a blend of Catimor, Catuaí, Typica
- It is a coffee that we have processed in washed
All the data to be able to evaluate in depth the coffee of Acatenango Valley with its own name: Tata Nahual.
Coffee growers and producers
Hectares with coffee trees
Guatemalan Coffee: Find out who is behind Tata Nahual lavado.
Tata Nahual is produced by a collective of coffee growers in the coffee-growing region of Cobán in Guatemala.
It all began in the 1970s, on a family coffee farm located in the Cobán region. Since then, within this collective, they pay their workers more than what the government requires and provide them with comfortable housing. They also built a school for students in preschool through high school that serves the entire area. A special program for older students focuses on growing coffee in harmony with nature.
Tata Nahual a coffee of wisdom and great spirit
A coffee that became a legend for its quality and now has its own name
Tata Nahual is the old tree of all spirits. It is located in the Acatenango Valley and this coffee is named after him. The Nahual know that they must take care of their tree, their valley and their coffee. That is why its sweet taste is unmistakable. That is why the flavor of Tata Nahual coffee is understood with the trees, with the volcanoes and with the Valley. That is why Tata Nahual coffee sweetens all palates that are lucky enough to taste it.
Tata Nahual is a coffee from the Terras range.
Roaster we will briefly explain the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Terras de Mare range Terra Green Coffee
They have: A well-defined cup profile and identified with the coffee region where they are produced – A broad spectrum key descriptor that is easy to recognize and adopt by the consumer – Interannual stability of the cup profile and key descriptor – A roast with minimal variations for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Specialty score by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee regions in each origin – Unification of 60 kg containers to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to stock exchange – Availability of contracts by harvest – Exclusive marketing territory.
The coffee-growing region where we produce our Tata Nahual coffee
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Acatenango Valley in Guatemala is like.
- It has 3 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 23,000 inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 172 km².
- Produces 7.7% of the country’s total coffee production
- 4,443.32 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 6th place as the country’s coffee growing region.
- More than 2,200 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The altitude of coffee cultivation in the region is between 1,200 and 1,800 meters above sea level.
- The most commonly harvested varietals are Bourbon, Caturra, Catuaí, Pache, Typica, Pacheco, Caturra, Catuaí and Pache.
- Harvest months are from November to March.
- Coffee from the Acatenango Valley has a protected designation of origin – PDO
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Terras de Mare Terra Green Coffee range
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now