Luis Santiago Contreras
A hug and a cup of coffee to start your day
A unique and unrepeatable coffee by Luis Antonio Contreras
We tell you the story behind the producer's recognition and tribute.
Every morning I look forward to doing a great job dedicating myself to the projects I have to accomplish. New knowledge and experiences result in a quality of life as a coffee grower, and for all this to be possible I count on a pillar that inspires me to grow, my son. Every morning we start the day with a fraternal hug and a delicious cup of coffee from our farm, both things fill me with joy, one every time I see it running through our house full of life and health, the other, imagining homes with the happiness with which our home is fed. This coffee bears his name because we hope, his mother and I, that he will be a great professional and that in the future he will proudly say “the best coffee is grown on our farm”.
Kg of Cherry
Kg of Coffee
Luís Santiago Contreras a unique lot of coffee from the coffee growing region of Huila, Colombia, green and ready to roast.
Here's what you want to know about this unique coffee
- It is a coffee whose cup profile is lactic.
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is chocolate.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are dark chocolate and pineapple.
- It is an ideal coffee for extraction in filter, cold brew and French press.
- It has an overall score of 90 pointson the SCA scale.
- Its acidity is malic, citric, acetic and complex with a medium intensity.
- It has a medium intensity body and is syrupy to the touch.
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the coffee growing geography of the Andean Ridge, in the coffee growing region of Colombia and in the coffee growing region of Huila.
- It is a coffee of the arabica species of the Caturra varietal.
- It is a coffee that we have processed in natural with an anaerobic fermentation, dried in the sun and in canopies.
Coffee producer Luis Antonio Contreras
''Love for my family and dedication to my work''.
- I am dedicated to coffee growing, because my parents taught me to work in the fields. my parents taught me to work in the fields, giving me thegiving me support to cultivate and work the land.
- I have been a coffee producer since 1999, I have been dedicated to coffee growing for 22 years.
- A critical point for me is when there is a big rainy season at the time of coffee harvesting.
- For me, the most important stage of the whole production process is the coffee fermentation process.
Luis Santiago Contreras is a coffee of the Uniques range.
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Uniques range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
It is important for you to know that they are: coffees that are given very exceptionally – With a cup profile always new and surprising – Result of experiments in R&D at the limit – Only available in some vintages and origins – Palette of key descriptors level 5 in the coffee descriptor wheel – No quality defects – SCA score +90 or simply unpunishable – Sending samples of the lots before arrival from origin – Private sale for buyers – Microlots up to 300 kg – Unification of packaging, Convenient and practical 5 kg vacuum packs (2.5 kg + 2.5 kg) – Marketing segmented by region, never batches from one producer sold in one region to two roasters.
El Descanso is the farm where Luis Antonio Contreras produces such an exceptional coffee.
We explain in brief details of the cultivation of his farm, located in the coffee-growing region of Huila.
- El Descanso, a family farm where to share, work and grow.
- After working with his brothers, the family farm was divided into plots to work individually, giving rise to the El Descanso farm.
- The constant work and passion for coffee have made Luis Antonio, together with his wife and children, turn the farm into their home.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Uniques range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now