Kenean's commitment to experimental processes
A unique and unrepeatable coffee of the Dukamo Family
We tell you the story behind the producers' recognition and tribute.
Kenean is the first of nine children. After studying in the United States, Kenean returned to Ethiopia to join the family business as export manager.
With Kenean’s support, the company developed its microbatch business and launched, without looking back, into experimental processing. This 96-hour extended anaerobic fermentation celebrates flavors, so a tribute to Kenean is the obvious combination.
Kg of Cherry
Kg of Coffee
Kenean Dukamo a unique lot of coffee from the coffee growing region of Sidama, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
Here's what you want to know about this unique coffee
- It is a coffee with an exotic cup profile.
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is rosé wine.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are raspberry and lime.
- It is a coffee that is ideal for extraction in cold brew, French press and filters.
- It has an overall SCA scale score of 93 points.
- Its acidity is citric, phosphoric, tartaric, acetic, lactic and its intensity is high.
- It has a full-bodied intensity and is mellow to the touch.
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the Arabica Nubian coffee geography, in the Ethiopian coffee origin and in the Sidama coffee growing region.
- It is a coffee of the arabica species of varietal 74158
- It is a coffee that we have processed in natural with an anaerobic-cold fermentation, sun-dried in African beds.
Coffee growers, The Dukamo Family
"Trusted coffees produced in an ethical manner."
- We are dedicated to coffee growing, because it is a crop that we are passionate about and has united us since we were children.
- We, the Dukamo Family, are the second generation of coffee growers .
- For us, the most critical moments in the production process of our coffees are fermentation and processing.
- The stage that we consider most important is the harvesting and processing of our coffees.
Kenean Dukamo is a coffee from the Uniques range.
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Uniques range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
It is important for you to know that they are: coffees that are given very exceptionally – With a cup profile always new and surprising – Result of experiments in R&D at the limit – Only available in some vintages and origins – Palette of key descriptors level 5 in the coffee descriptor wheel – No quality defects – SCA score +90 or simply unpunishable – Sending samples of the lots before arrival from origin – Private sale for buyers – Microlots up to 300 kg – Unification of packaging, Convenient and practical 5 kg vacuum packs (2.5 kg + 2.5 kg) – Marketing segmented by region, never batches from one producer sold in one region to two roasters.
Gatta is the farm where the Dukamo Family produces such an exceptional coffee.
We explain in brief details of the cultivation of his farm, located in the coffee growing region of Sidama.
- Asefa & Mulugeta Dukamo are the owners of the Gatta estate, located in the midst of natural forests and native trees over 200 years old.
- Today, the second generation of coffee growers of the Dukamo family are developing improvements in their farm to guarantee the quality of their coffees.