Yonathan Dukamo, the youngest of the Dukamo Family, a bright and dreamy boy.
A unique and unrepeatable coffee of the Dukamo Family
We tell you the story behind the producers' recognition and tribute.
Yonathan is the seventh child born to the family. Living in Ethiopia and attending Gibson School, where he is about to start fourth grade, Yonathan is cool and aspires to be a doctor when he grows up.
Yonathan’s batch is a natural process that was anaerobically fermented for 72 hours before being put to dry on the tables. This is a repeat experiment for us, last year we paid tribute to Atiklet Dejene.
Kg of Cherry
Kg of Coffee
Yonathan Dukamo a unique lot of coffee from the coffee growing region of Sidama, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
Here's what you want to know about this unique coffee
- It is a coffee with a vinous cup profile.
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is red grape.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are the red plum and
- It is a coffee that is ideal for extraction in cold brew, French press and filters.
- It has an overall SCA scale score of 90.5 points.
- Its acidity is malic, acetic, tartaric and its intensity is medium-high.
- It is medium-full bodied and silky to the touch.
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the Arabica Nubian coffee geography, in the Ethiopian coffee origin and in the Sidama coffee growing region.
- It is a coffee of the arabica species of varietal 74158
- It is a coffee that we have processed in natural with an anaerobic-cold fermentation, dried in the sun and shade in African beds in sleeping bags.
Coffee growers, The Dukamo Family
"Trusted coffees produced in an ethical manner."
- We are dedicated to coffee growing, because it is a crop that we are passionate about and has united us since we were children.
- We, the Dukamo Family, are the second generation of coffee growers .
- For us, the most critical moments in the production process of our coffees are fermentation and processing.
- The stage that we consider most important is the harvesting and processing of our coffees.
Yonathan Dukamo is a coffee from the Uniques range.
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee of the Uniques range of Mare Terra Green Coffee
It is important for you to know that they are: coffees that are given very exceptionally – With a cup profile always new and surprising – Result of experiments in R&D at the limit – Only available in some vintages and origins – Palette of key descriptors level 5 in the coffee descriptor wheel – No quality defects – SCA score +90 or simply unpunishable – Sending samples of the lots before arrival from origin – Private sale for buyers – Microlots up to 300 kg – Unification of packaging, Convenient and practical 5 kg vacuum packs (2.5 kg + 2.5 kg) – Marketing segmented by region, never batches from one producer sold in one region to two roasters.
Gatta is the farm where the Dukamo Family produces such an exceptional coffee.
We explain in brief details of the cultivation of his farm, located in the coffee growing region of Sidama.
- Asefa & Mulugeta Dukamo are the owners of the Gatta estate, located in the midst of natural forests and native trees over 200 years old.
- Today, the second generation of coffee growers of the Dukamo family are developing improvements in their farm to guarantee the quality of their coffees.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Mare Terra Green Coffee Uniques range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Publications of our coffee blog
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.