Regions and Provinces
We share coffee culture
The infographic of the coffee map of Regions and Provinces of Costa Rica at your disposal. Download and share it. It practices the diffusion of coffee culture.
Our infographics are the result of teamwork with professionals from the entire coffee chain, from producers to baristas, as well as with professors and researchers from other disciplines such as biology, anthropology, geography, physics and chemistry, with the sole objective of sharing a common passion: good coffee, and to make it known to anyone who may be interested.
It’s a passion we love: share, join, share.
Do you want this map personalized with your logo and colors?
We have designed the maps so that we can customize them according to your needs and together we can work in favor of the coffee culture.
CENTRAL AMERICA | COSTA RICA
– It is divided into 4 regions and 7 provinces
– The estimated population is 5.13 million inhabitants .
– Its surface area is 51,100 km².
– 24.3% of the cultivated land is planted with coffee trees.
– 90,647 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
– Coffee is grown in 3 of 4 provinces
– Ranked 16th largest producer of coffee in the world
– Coffee cultivation began in the s. XVIII
– Harvest months are from December to March
– The export months are from February to July
Regions and departments
Here is a brief explanation of the regions into which Costa Rica is divided
91.98% of the country’s total coffee is cultivated in this region
- Ranked 1st in the world as a coffee producing region
- 83,377 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 2.772 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 10,780 km².
- It is made up of three provinces: Heredia, San José and Cartago.
Central Pacific Region
7.44% of the country’s total coffee is grown in this region
- Ranked 2nd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 6,744 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 510,566 inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 11,266 km².
- It is made up of a single province: Puntarenas.
North Pacific Region
0.58% of the country’s total coffee is grown in this region
- Ranked 3rd in the world as a coffee producing region
- 526 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- The estimated population is 404,774 inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 10,141 km².
- It is made up of a single province: Guanacaste.
Costa Rica grows coffee in 3 out of 4 provinces
Plan profits, stock, growth and promotion with our Roaster Service team.
Much more about the Costa Rica Coffee Origin