A coffee of ancestral and loyal lineage
Oromo Citro the coffee that defines the profile of Taza from the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia, green and ready to roast.
We explain to you what you want to know about the coffee of ancestral and faithful lineage.
- It is a coffee with a floral cup profile.
- Its key descriptor in aroma and flavor is jasmine.
- Other descriptors that complete its organoleptic profile are chocolatey, fruity, spicy and floral.
- It is an ideal coffee for espresso, capsule and mocha extraction.
- It has an overall SCA scale score of 85 points.
- Its acidity is citric and malic with a medium-high intensity.
- It has a medium-full body intensity and is creamy to the touch.
- It is a coffee that is cultivated in the Arabica Nubian coffee geography, in the Ethiopian coffee origin and in the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe.
- It is an Arabica coffee and a blend of the Heirloom variety.
- It is a coffee that we have processed in washed
All the data to be able to evaluate in depth the coffee of Yirgacheffe with its own name: Oromo Citro
Coffee Growers and Producers
Hectares with coffee trees
Ethiopian Coffee: Coffee Growers and Producers united for a floral and unrepeatable coffee
SMS Plc - Ninfas, is a collective of coffee farmers in the Yirgacheffe coffee growing region of Ethiopia.
SMS Plc – Ninfas, was founded by an owner who had more than a decade of previous experience in coffee production in the Sidama and Yirgacheffe areas. Since its establishment SMS Plc has been a trusted partner for different companies around the world and has been one of the first to play a major role in the specialty market and continues to do so. It has its own coffee processing facility with its well equipped laboratory. SMS has a total of 54 permanent employees and more than 140 daily employees. Commitment, quality and consistency are the virtues SMS has built over the two decades invested in the coffee business.
A coffee that became legendary for its quality and now has its own name
Oromo Citro is the coffee that gives a jet black jebena. An unmistakable and unique coffee that heals, dances and is transmitted from generation to generation. This is Oromo Citro, a coffee named after a village and the traditional spicy and citrusy black cardamom.
Oromo Citro is a coffee of the Terras range.
Roaster we explain in brief the advantages of roasting green coffee from the Terras de Mare Terra Green Coffee range.
They have: A well-defined cup profile identified with the coffee growing region where they are produced – A key descriptor of broad spectrum and easy to recognize and adopt by the consumer – Inter-annual stability of cup profile and key descriptor – A roast with minor variations for a systematized profile – A roast with minor variations for a systematized profile – Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 gr – Specialty score by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee growing regions in each origin – Unified packaging at 60 kg to optimize logistics and handling Maximum number of defects 10 per 350 grams – Specialty scoring by the SCA – Variety of processes and coffee growing regions in each origin – Unification of packaging to 60 kg to optimize logistics and handling – Price subject to exchange – Availability of contracts per harvest – Exclusive marketing territory.
The coffee-growing region where we produce our Oromo Citro coffee
We explain in brief what the coffee growing region of Yirgacheffe in Ethiopia is like.
- It has 19 coffee-growing districts
- The estimated population is 3.2 million inhabitants.
- Its surface area is 12,000 km².
- Produces 22.05% of the country’s total coffee production
- 8,000 hectares are cultivated with coffee trees.
- It occupies the 2nd place as the country’s coffee growing region.
- It is administratively comprised of 47 municipalities
- More than 90,000 families are engaged in coffee cultivation
- The most harvested varietals are 74158, 74110 and 74112.
- The main harvest months are from October to February.
A selection of our green coffees that we import and distribute from the Terras de Mare Terra Green Coffee range.
Ready to roast – Cup varieties and quality validated in our laboratory – Profitable, reliable and faithful coffees to consolidate or grow your market – Discover them now
Today, coffee is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. We can drink a cup of coffee in any country, from Italy or the United States to Ethiopia, and we immediately realize that the way it is prepared and served differs enormously from one place to another.