Amazonian | Brazil | Alta Mogiana | Ibiraci
Jean Vilhena Faleiros
"My love for growing coffee goes beyond this life''
Coffee Producer Jean Vilhena Faleiros
A glimpse of its history and its coffee experience
My dedication to coffee growing began when I was born, because God chose me to be born in Ibiraci in the region of Morro Alto, which for me is one of the best places to produce specialty coffees in Brazil.
I come from a family that has been growing coffee for more than 100 years and my love for coffee growing goes beyond this life. more than 30 years producing coffee.
A critical point for me is the setbacks caused by atmospheric phenomena such as droughts, hailstorms or frost, which are very drastic changes that affect crops.
A moment of special satisfaction in my work is having a cup of coffee, that is when the coffee reaches its greatest potential and expresses our work, the care and respect we have given to the coffee fruit.
The team of Jean Vilhena Faleiros
- João Simini, General Manager of Finca Santa Monica, has worked with Jean for 28 years and is his right-hand man.
- Cirlene Simini, João Simini’s wife, loves to take care of the coffee fruit in post-harvest and is responsible for the African beds where she lovingly cares for the cherries so that they give their best potential.
- Luciana Faleiros, Jean’s wife, has been married for 22 years and is always by his side supporting and helping him, she is in charge of relations and events at Finca Santa Monica.
- Felipe Faleiros, Jean’s eldest son, is 19 years old, is in agronomy school and is very passionate about specialty coffees. During his vacations, which coincide with the harvest, he is in charge of the fermentation and drying processes of the specialty coffees produced at Finca Santa Monica.
- Itamar Barbosa, does not work directly at Finca Santa Monica, but assists in the administration of the group’s other farms.
- Rafael Faleiros, Jean’s nephew and godson, is in charge of the initial part of the coffee plantations, which is the formation of new seedlings to renew the coffee park, always with the best varieties.
Coffees produced by Jean Vilhena Faleiros at his Santa Monica farm
All the coffees produced by Jean, microlots, have in the cup his obstinacy in achieving perfection in the production of coffees with a natural process, strong personality and no options for indifference.
In data what it makes possible and what it achieves in coffee
producer Jean Vilhena Faleiros
People in the team
Years producing coffee
kg of cherry
Processes other than Beneficiation
kg of green coffee
Lots of green coffee with personality
Jean Vilhena Faleiros's Estate
Santa Monica Coffee Farm
Finca Santa Monica is located in a privileged zone, due to the microclimate and the altitude of its location, these factors help greatly in the production of specialty coffees.
Its owner, Jean Vilhena Faleiros, comes from a family that has been producing coffee for more than 100 years. Jean was born with a passion for coffee growing, has a modern vision, seeks to plant the best varieties and invests what is within his reach in post-harvesting.
Santa Monica today has 10,000 square meters of African beds and one of the most modern wetlands in Brazil.
Jean Vilhena has a lot to share, a lot to say
On the following page you will find information about Jean, his challenges, his day to day life and the story of how he has become a reference coffee producer in his coffee region.
15 answers to 15 questions
Jean Vilhena responds concisely to 15 questions that provide the backbone of his experiences, his knowledge, but also his desires and the challenges he wishes to face in order to continue to enrich his knowledge as a coffee producer.
Plan profits, stock, growth and promotion with our Roaster Service team.